Eggless snickerdoodles cookies recipe - Today I am adding one more best cookie recipe in my eggless cookies collection on the blog.
A snickerdoodle is type of soft sugar cookie dusted with cinnamon and sugar. When you bite into it you will find edges are wonderfully crisp and inside texture is soft and chewy with lovely buttery sweet flavor.
This cookies are often served on Christmas and actually I made it and took photos on last Christmas. But somehow I forgot or got busy to post it at that time. So finally it made it to the blog.
Usually snickerdoodles has cream of tartar and baking soda as leavening agents. But this is eggless recipe and to get the same texture like the one made with eggs. I have used baking soda and baking powder as leavening agents.
usually these cookies have slightly cracked top and we have successfully achieved this look and also crisp yet soft texture.
As usual I have made half the recipe (because it’s for I am hubby only), but the below mentioned recipe ingredients are for 18 cookies.
Step By Step Photo Instructions:
1) First prepare the coating mixture. Mix cinnamon powder and sugar in bowl and keep it aside till needed.
2) Mix dry ingredients (all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl, keep it aside.
3) In another bowl, take melted butter, milk and vanilla extract
4) and mix well.
5) Add dry flour mixture to the wet mixture.
6) Fold them till you get smooth dough.
7) Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, If in hurry then pop in the freezer for 15 minutes.
8) Before you remove the dough from the fridge, preheat the oven to 330 degree F or 165 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
9) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
10) Once dough is chilled and now it is not sticky anymore. Make small balls (about 1 ½ tablespoon sized) and roll into the prepared cinnamon-sugar mixture. So all the surface is coated with this mixture.
11) Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheet , Keep them few inches apart because they will spread as it bakes.
12) Slightly flatten the cookies with your hand or use bottom of glass or bowl.
13) Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or till the edges are light brown and looks set. It will puff up and will deflate as it cools.
14) Once done remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Then transfer it to the cooling rack and let it cool completely.
15) It is ready to serve.
Serving suggestion: Do you need? You are clever enough. 🙂
Did you try this eggless snickerdoodle cookies recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a review in the comment section below.
📋 Recipe Card
Eggless Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 1 ½ cups All purpose flour (Maida)
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ cup White granulated sugar
- 1 stick or 4 oz or ½ cup Unsalted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons White granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- Mix all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, milk melted butter, milk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Fold them in till you get smooth dough.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes or 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Before remove the dough from the fridge, preheat the oven to 330 degrees F or 165 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix white sugar and cinnamon powder and keep it aside for coating the cookies.
- Now dough is chilled. Make smooth balls of 1 ½ tablespoons of size, roll into prepared cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well.
- Arrange the cookies on the baking sheet few inches apart, flatten it slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or till the edges are light brown and looks set.
- Remove it from the oven, let it cook for 5 minutes in the sheet.
- then remove it to cooling rack to cool completely.