Mango mint raita recipe – refreshing, lightly sweet and savory raita that goes perfect with any pulao, biryani or as a side with your meal.
Recently I shared sweet version of mango raita which can be eaten as a dessert. That time I mentioned that I usually make mango raita with mint leaves. And here I come with the recipe.
Since mango season is at its peak, I am and will be sharing more mango recipes, so stay stuned. Apart from eating mangoes as such, I and hubby likes to have it in beverages or dessert.
This is very simple and easy raita recipe just like any other raita. It can be ready in flat 15 minutes.
This is the first time I shared savory dish using ripe mangoes. Other than this raita, I do make fajeto (Gujarati savory dish using ripe mango pulp) very often.
How to make mango mint raita recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) First let’s extract the ginger juice. Take small piece of ginger and grate it.
2) Using your fingers and thumb, squeeze the grated ginger and you will have ginger juice.
3) Now take yogurt in a bowl and whisk it till it is smooth.
4) Add roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, black salt and salt.
5) Mix well.
6) Now add ginger juice and green chilies and stir well to combine.
7) Also add chopped mangoes and mint leaves.
8) Stir well.
It is ready to serve. Remove it to a serving bowl and garnish with mint leaves.
Mango mint raita recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- Salt - to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Ginger juice ~ from 1 inch piece ginger
- ½ of small Green chili finely chopped, optional
- 1 medium or 1 cup Mangoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mint leaves finely chopped
First let’s extract the ginger juice. Take small piece of ginger and grate it.
Using your fingers and thumb, squeeze the grated ginger and you will have ginger juice.
Making mango mint raita recipe:
Now take yogurt in a bowl and whisk it till it is smooth.
Add roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, black salt and salt. Mix well.
Now add ginger juice and green chilies and stir well to combine.
Also add chopped mangoes and mint leaves. Stir well.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving.