Mango raita recipe – this raita recipe is on sweeter side, not the savory version. That’s the reason, you can have it as such as a dessert too.
I usually make savory mango raita which has mint, chilies and other usual raita spices. But recently, I came across to this recipe in 1000 Indian recipe cookbook. I gave it a try and we both loved it.
Honestly speaking, I would prefer this having alone as a dessert.
This mango raita or mango dessert whatever you call it is very very quick to make. It takes only 5 minute. Just mix all the ingredients and serve. It is that simple.
This recipe requires only 5 ingredients. All of them will be available in your pantry. The main being yogurt and mango.
- Always use chilled and plain (not sour) yogurt. It tastes best when served chilled.
- Ripe, sweet mango pieces tastes best in this mango raita recipe.
- Other than these, honey is used to make it sweet. Instead you can use sugar too.
- Also I have used slivered almonds. You can skip this as well.
- And saffron flavor complements well with mango and sweet yogurt.
How to make mango raita recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take saffron strands in a small bowl. Add only 1 teaspoon of warm water. You will get nice color of saffron.
2) Take yogurt in a bowl. Add honey and whisk it well till it is smooth.
3) Now add prepared saffron water.
4) Again beat it till mixed.
5) Now add chopped mangoes and almonds.
6) Mix well and it is ready to serve.
If your yogurt is not chilled, then keep in refrigerator to chill and then serve.
Sweet mango raita recipe
- 1 cup Plain yogurt (dahi or curd), Chilled
- 1 cup Mangoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Saffron few strands, dissolved in a teaspoon of warm water
- 1-2 tablespoon Almonds slivered or chopped or sliced
- Take saffron strands in a small bowl. Add only 1 teaspoon of warm water. You will get nice color of saffron.
- Take yogurt in a bowl. Add honey and whisk it well till it is smooth.
- Now add prepared saffron water. Again beat it till mixed.
- Now add chopped mangoes and almonds.
- Mix well and it is ready to serve.