Suva kadhi or dill leaves kadhi recipe - the procedure and ingredients are almost similar to this gujarati kadhi recipe.
About This Suva Kadhi Recipe
There are couple of differences between this suva kadhi and usual gujarati kadhi. One is addition of shepu bhaji. Second is use of oil instead of ghee.
Green chili is the only ingredient which adds the spicy taste to this suva kadhi. So adjust the quantity as per your liking. If you do not want to bite into chilies then add the slit chili instead of chopped.
Shepu bhaji recipes are regular in my kitchen. I learnt this from my mom and I have shared many recipes here on the blog e.g. dill dal, dill leaves pakoda, suva bhaji, carrot with dill, etc.
Whenever I buy a bunch of shepu bhaji I make few different recipes throughout the week. Since the flavor and taste of this bhaji is strong, you will need very little amount in the recipe. So the whole bunch is too much for single recipe.
How To Make Dill Leaves Kadhi? (Stepwise)
1) Take yogurt and besan in a bowl.
2) Whisk well and make sure there are no lumps.
3) Add green chilies, ginger paste and dill leaves along with salt and sugar.
4) Mix well.
5) Add water and make lump free batter.
6) Now pour it into the pan and turn the heat to medium. Stir continuously and let it come to a boil. Stay there and keep an eye on it otherwise it may get overflow. Once it starts boiling, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, in another small pan heat the oil on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds, let them pop. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
8) Add cloves, cinnamon and dried red chili. Sauté for 40-50 seconds.
9) Add curry leaves.
10) Add this temoering to the simmering kadhi. Mix and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes or until it thickens.
Serving suggestion: Serve this kadhi with plain steamed rice or jeera rice.
PS Tried this suva kadhi recipe? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback!
📋 Recipe Card
Suva Kadhi Recipe (Dill Leaves Kadhi)
For Suva Kadhi:
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Besan (gram flour)
- 2 Green chilies chopped
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 2 teaspoon Sugar optional
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons Dill leaves (sephu bhaji or suva bhaji) chopped
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Dried red chilies
- 2 Cloves
- ½ inch Cinnamon stick
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Take yogurt and besan in a bowl. Whisk well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Add green chilies, ginger paste and dill leaves along with salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add water and make lump free batter.
- Now pour it into the pan and turn the heat to medium. Stir continuously and let it come to a boil. it starts boiling, simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- In another small pan heat the oil on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds, let them pop. Add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add cloves, cinnamon and dried red chili. Sauté for 40-50 seconds.
- Add curry leaves. Immediately add this tempering to the simmering kadhi.
- Mix and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes or until it thickens.
I have tried cooking this recipe a couple of times and the taste is simple and awesome!
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Thanks Pallavi for the feedback. Nice to know that you liked it.
I tried this recipe. It was so easy still wonderful. I keep licking my finger after finishing it. Awesome recipe. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I really loved this recipe.
Very happy to hear that you enjoyed the kadhi.