Carrot tomato soup recipe – This is the most EASY and QUICK soup recipe I have ever made and shared here on the site. This soup is made in pressure cooker, so it can be ready in jiffy.
Carrot tomato soup recipe
- 2 small or ⅔ cup Carrots sliced
- 2 small or 1 cup Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1 medium or 1 cup Potato cut into big chunks
- ½ inch Ginger chopped
- 7-8 Coriander or cilantro stems
- 5-6 Black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 ½ cups Water or vegetable stock
- Take all the chopped vegetables (carrot, tomato, potato, ginger and cilantro) in a pressure cooker.
- Also add salt, black peppercorns and butter.
- Add water or vegetable stock.
- Cover the cooker with lid, put the weight on.
- Turn the heat on medium. Cook for 4 whistles.
- Let the pressure go down by itself then open the lid.
- Now using immersion hand blender, make smooth puree out of it. Alternately you can use grinder or blender as well.
- Bring it a boil before serving. Taste the soup, adjust the salt and pepper if needed.
- Turn off the stove.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
This soup has smooth and creamy texture. It has thick consistency. It is not watery and thin like hot and sour soup. This texture comes from the potato. Yes potato is added to this soup. No cream or milk is required to make it creamy.
The creamy soup is made without addition of heavy cream. Hence it is healthy and nutritious soup.
It has balanced flavor of sweet and slight tangy taste. Sweet taste comes from the carrots. While tanginess comes from the tomatoes.
The carrot tomato soup is made in pressure cooker. I have also mentioned the method of making it in a saucepan as well. So you can choose any method. But I prefer to cook in the cooker and this way it will be ready very quickly.
No spices are added in it. Only salt and black pepper are added. With minimal spices, it still taste delicious and flavorful. If making this for kids then you can reduce or skip the black pepper.
How to make Carrot tomato soup (Step by Step Recipe with Photos):
1) Take all the chopped vegetables (carrot, tomato, potato, ginger and cilantro) in a pressure cooker.
2) Also add salt, black peppercorns and butter.
3) Add water or vegetable stock.
4) Cover the cooker with lid, put the weight on. Turn the heat on medium. Cook for 4 whistles. Let the pressure go down by itself then open the lid. Instead of it, you can cook in a saucepan as well. Simmer with lid on, till veggies are soft and tender.
5) Now using immersion hand blender, make smooth puree out of it. Alternately you can use grinder or blender as well.
6) Bring it a boil before serving. Taste the soup, adjust the salt and pepper if needed. If needed you can add more water or vegetable stock to make soup consistency. I have not added any extra water, because I like thick soup.
You can double or triple the recipe if you want to make big batch of it.
Serving suggestion: Serve the soup with some croutons before the meal as a starter. This is creamy and little heavy soup, so you can have it as a light meal with piece of french baguette or your choice or bread on side.
- I have added ginger here. For the variation you can add garlic as well. The garlic flavor goes well with this soup.
- I have added tiny amount of butter while making it. This added extra flavor to the soup. You can use ghee (clarified butter) as well. Or you can skip it entirely.