Chocolate Cupcakes (Eggless)
Eggless chocolate cupcake is our family favorite recipe. It is very moist and spongy in texture. After having one bite, you will not believe that this is an eggless cake.
I have made frosting with unsweetened chocolate. So its double dose of chocolate, yayy!! And that’s why frosting is so creamy and chocolaty. If you are chocolate lover than I am sure you will like this cupcake and also frosting.
Oil is used in this cupcake recipe as a fat, and that’s why if you keep it in refrigerator and next day it will still stay soft and moist. But frosting will harden up little bit because of butter.
Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes
Cuisine – American
Recipe category – Eggless Dessert, cupcakes
Skill level – easy/beginner
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Granulated Sugar – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/3 cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – ½ cup
- Pure Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Unsweetened chocolate – 4 oz, chopped
- Unsalted butter – 2/3 cup, at room temperature
- Powdered sugar (Confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar) – 1 1/3 cups
- Pure vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F or 177 degree C.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners or lightly spray or butter the pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients (All purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl. If you need to sift the cocoa powder because it has few lumps.
- In another bowl mix all wet ingredients (water, oil, vanilla extract and vinegar). Add wet mixture to flour mixture.
- And mix till it well blended together. Do not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-third full with batter.
- And bake in pre-heated oven for about 20-22 minutes or till toothpick inserted in center of cupcake will come out clean.
- Remove it from oven and after 5 minutes remove cupcakes on wire rack and let them cool completely before frosting. If cupcake is not cool enough then icing will melt down.
- Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Place that bowl over the pan of simmering water or use double boiler.
- And melt the chocolate. Keep it aside and let it come to room temperature. (Melt chocolate while cupcakes are cooling) Let the melted chocolate come to room temperature before adding to frosting. If chocolate is hot then butter in icing will melt and icing will become runny.
- Take butter in a pan and using hand mixer or stand mixer beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Then add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Then add vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Beat till mix well.
- And continue to beat till frosting is smooth and shiny.
- Once cupcakes are cooled completely, frost cupcakes with icing. You can pipe the frosting or spread with butter knife on top of cupcake.
Taste – spongy, moist and chocolaty
Shelf life – it can be kept in refrigerator in air tight container up to 4-5 days.
Serving suggestions – serve it as a dessert.
Delicious eggless chocolate cupcakes are ready and you can make a big batch of it for your next party. Looking for more eggless recipes then check out Eggless chocolate cake | Eggless lemon cake | eggless chocolate chips muffins