Coconut burfi is one of the best treats! You get chewy, soft, juicy desiccated coconut that’s perfectly rich, moist and sweetened with condensed milk. It is called nariyal barfi in Hindi language.
When short on time during the festive season, make this easy to make 10 minutes coconut burfi recipe that requires only 3 ingredients, plus garnish.
Coconut Burfi with Condensed Milk
These are one of my favorite, all-time favorite treats. This is my go-to quick-fix dessert. Last time I made coconut barfi during the Raksha Bandhan lunch (you might have seen it on my insta stories). Now again I made it for this Diwali festival.
They are perfect for parties because you can make a big batch with the same amount of time (just 10 minutes of active time). Plus, adults, children and all absolutely love them.
I mean, who doesn’t love quick desserts that get done in less than 15 minutes. That only means that you will get more time to spend with your family during the festive season. Plus, it also satisfies the sweet cravings.
Methods to make coconut barfi recipe:
- Traditional – it is made with fresh coconut and sugar. Here 1-string consistency of sugar syrup is required which can be easy to mess up. It is easy but can be tricky (not for beginners).
- Instant coconut burfi – This is the recipe I am sharing today. It is made with desiccated coconut and condensed milk. For the flavoring rose water is added and garnished with pistachios.
- Kopra pak – this is the Gujarati style of coconut barfi. It is made with fresh coconut, milk, sugar, and khoya.
I have shared another coconut-based burfi – mango coconut burfi
How to make Coconut Burfi Recipe?
1) Grease the 8×8 inch square pan with ghee and keep it ready.
2) Take (desiccated) dry coconut powder. sweetened condensed milk and rose water in a pan.
3) Turn the heat on medium, mix everything well and cook with stirring constantly till everything comes together and becomes thick. It takes about 5-7 minutes only.
4) Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle crushed pistachios and pat it lightly so they stick to the burfi. Let it cool down and set for a few hours.
Cut into square pieces and serve.
These nariyal burfi very versatile. It’s actually a very forgiving recipe. As a flavoring, I have added rose water. You can try below
- kewra water
- Cardamom powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of rose syrup or rooh afza to make rose coconut burfi
- 3 tablespoons milk masala powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder for chocolate coconut burfi
Coconut Burfi Recipe (with Condensed Milk)
- 4 cups or 300 grams Desiccated coconut
- 14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons Rose water
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios crushed for garnishing
- Grease the 8×8 inch square pan with ghee and keep it ready.
- Take (desiccated) dry coconut powder. sweetened condensed milk and rose water in a pan.
- Turn the heat on medium, mix everything well and cook with stirring constantly till everything comes together and becomes thick. It takes about 5-7 minutes only.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle crushed pistachios and pat it lightly so they stick to the burfi. Let it cool down and set for a few hours.
- Cut into square pieces and serve.