Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe - QUICK and EASY to make fried rice recipe using mushrooms and red capsicum. This is Indo Chinese style mushroom fried rice.
If you have cooked rice ready or using the leftover rice then it will take only 10 minutes. Because we are stir frying the ingredients one by one on high flame. So it shouldn’t take much cooking time.
Here I have added red bell pepper along with mushrooms just because the red color will look good. Also it adds some flavor. You can use green or other colored pepper or you can skip it too.
Also I like my fried rice spicy, so I have added green chilies and red chili flakes both. You can adjust as per your preference.
There are few things to consider to make the perfect mushroom fried rice (Or any fried rice variety).
- Rice grains should be separated to each other and that are moisture free. We don’t want too soft and clumpy rice. I always use basmati rice.
- Always cook in medium-high heat. Keep tossing the ingredients while cooking, so it does not stick to the pan.
Step By Step Photo Instructions:
1) If you starting with raw rice, then cook the rice first. You can follow this method how to cook basmati rice or choose any method that you follow.
2) Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Once hot add ginger, garlic, green chili and celery.
3) Mix and saute for few seconds. Do not burn the garlic otherwise it won’t taste good.
4) Now add spring onion white.
5) Mix and cook for a minute.
6) Now add capsicum and mushroom.
7) Mix and cook till mushrooms are soft and tender. It took me 3-4 minutes on high flame.
8) Now lower the heat. Add soy sauce.
9) Then add red chili sauce.
10) Followed by the vinegar.
11) Stir to combine well.
12) Now crank the heat to medium-high again and add rice, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and spring onion greens.
13) Toss well to combine properly. Stir fry the rice for 2 minutes on high. Then turn off the stove.
Serving suggestion: Serve mushroom fried rice with any indo chinese gravy dish like veg manchurian, paneer manchurian or gobi manchurian, chilli paneer gravy. This fried rice tastes good on its own hence you can have it as such without any side dish.
Did you try this mushroom fried rice recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a review in the comment section below.
📋 Recipe Card
Mushroom Fried Rice
- 1 ½ cups Cooked rice , use ⅔ cups of raw rice and cook, will give you 1 ½ cup of cooked rice,
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped or minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 large Green chili finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Celery finely chopped
- ¼ cup Spring onion (green onion or scallion) , White part only chopped
- ½ cup Red pepper sliced into strips (you can use green bell pepper too)
- ¾ cup Mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chilli sauce
- ½ teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- 1-2 tablespoons Spring onion (green onion or scallion) , green part finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Once hot add ginger, garlic, green chili and celery. Mix and saute for few seconds. Do not burn the garlic.
- Now add spring onion white. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Now add capsicum and mushroom.
- Mix and cook till mushrooms are soft and tender. It took me 3-4 minutes on high flame.
- Now lower the heat. Add soy sauce, red chili sauce and vinegar.
- Stir to combine.
- Now crank the heat to medium-high again and add rice, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and spring onion greens.
- Toss well to combine properly.
- Stir fry the rice for 2 minutes on high. Then turn off the stove.