Pudina chaas recipe or mint chaas - Indian buttermilk recipe flavored with mint leaves.
Last week, my friend gave me fresh mint leaves from her garden. The aroma of fresh mint is just wonderful. The day I made pudina chaas using that mint, it was very refreshing. Always use fresh mint, wilted mint leaves do not give that much fresh flavors to the chaas.
I have said many times and mentioning it again. Yogurt will help to reduce the body heat during the hot weather. Thus chaas is made very frequently in my home. It is very popular and common beverage made from yogurt.
Yes I make chaas every single day, no matter its summer or winter. We usually drink a glass of chaas after our meal. Chaas helps in easy digestion. For day to day basis, I always make plain chaas. But for a change, once a week I make masala chaas or pudina chaas or vaghareli chaas alternately.
How to make pudina chaas recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take yogurt in a blender.
2) Add mint leaves and green chili.
3) Also add roasted cumin powder,
4) and black salt.
5) Add black pepper powder or freshly crush them.
6) Add chilled water.
7) Now everything is in the blender.
8) Blend it till everything is incorporated well and it is frothy. There should not be any large chunks of leaves.
9) Pour it into serving glasses.
10) If needed, you can add ice cubes to the glass then pour the chaas.
Serving suggestions: You can have it any time of the day in the hot weather. Always serve chaas chilled. We usually drink a glass of chaas after meal. because it helps in easy digestion.
- I have made it in the blender. But you can use hand blender instead just like I used while making masala chaas.
- Addition of green chili is optional. A small piece of chili will not make it spicy. It will add just extra flavor.
- You can also add cilantro or coriander leaves along with mint leaves for the variation.
- If making for Vrat or Hindu Fasting, please skip the salt and black salt. Instead use rock salt (Sendha namak).
Pudina chaas recipe (Mint chaas recipe)
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Mint leaves
- ½ Green chili seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Take yogurt in a blender.
- Add mint leaves and green chili.
- Also add rest of the ingredients.
- Blend it till everything is incorporated well and it is frothy. There should not be any large chunks of leaves.
- Instead of blender, you can use hand blender as well.
- Pour it into serving glasses.
- If needed, you can add ice cubes to the glass then pour the chaas.