Mint juice recipe - Indian style of making pudina juice with mint leaves, honey, lemon juice and few Indian spices.
I call this mint sherbet or pudina sherbet just because this is not the plain mint juice but it has few Indian spices as well.
During the summer season, you need to stay hydrated well. Along with the hydration, you need something that will cool your body heat. For this purpose, this juice is the perfect beverage for that.
Mint has many medicinal properties. It is cooling to your body, good for easy digestion, good cleanser for the blood and body. So this juice is good detox drink.
Speaking of spices, we are using roasted cumin powder, black salt and black pepper powder. All these spices are for flavors. Also these spices are good for digestion.
Lemon juice is also added here. It will retain green color of the juice, even the next day. It also adds some punch and flavor to the drink.
So give this healthy juice a try in this summer and let me know how you like it.
Mint Juice Recipe, Pudina sherbet recipe
Mint Juice Recipe (Pudina sherbet)
- ½ cup Mint leaves packed
- ½ tablespoons Honey or sugar
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 cups Chilled water or use ice cubes
Making Mint juice recipe:
- Remove the mint leaves from stems and wash it very well.
- Take all the ingredients in the blender with only ½ cup of water.
- Blend it into smooth puree.
- Add remaining water and swirl again 2-3 times or till just all get incorporated.
- If you want you can strain the juice using strainer. I skipped this step because I like this way then why do extra step.
- If your water is not chilled then chill it in the refrigerator or serve with ice cubes.
- If juice is refrigerated then stir first and then pour into the serving glass.