Rooh afza milkshake - very easy to make summer rooh afza drink recipe. Very cooling and refreshing.
I must assume that you know what rooh afza is. Well, it is very popular summer cooling drink that every Indian has tried. If not then you must.
If you do not know, rooh afza is a concentrated syrup made from fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers and roots with sweet rose scent. The meaning of the name is rooh = soul and afza = enhances or nourishes. As per the name, it does its job too, this drink enhances or nourishing the soul. More about it read wikipedia.
Rooh afza can be added to water, milk, ice cream, yogurt, kheer, kulfi or falooda. This syrup adds sweet and aromatic flavor to the dish. Few days back I made the milkshake with rooh afza syrup. It reminds me my childhood. My mom makes it very often during the summer. This is very healthy, cooling and refreshing summer milkshake unlike other milkshakes made using ice creams.
For the variations, you can add chopped nuts like almonds or pistachios to the milkshake. Last summer I had it with almond milk at friend’s home. It tasted really good.
Rooh Afza Milkshake Recipe:
📋 Recipe Card
Rooh Afza Milkshake Recipe (Rooh Afza Drink)
- 2 cups Milk Chilled/Cold
- 4 tablespoons Rooh afza syrup
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Basil seeds (Sabja seeds or Falooda seeds) soaked for 30 minutes, optional
- Add rooh afza syrup to the chilled milk.
- Add sugar. If sugar has big granules then grind into powder, so it dissolves quickly.
- Mix well and keep it refrigerated till serving.
- Add spoonful of sabja seeds before serving, if you like.