Cabbage pakoda recipe – Deep fried fritters made from cabbage, gram flour, rice flour and seasoned with few spices. Quick and easy to make tea-time snack.
This recipe is same as usual pakoda recipe. First medium thick consistency batter is made by mixing all the ingredients. And then spoonful of batter is deep fried into hot oil to make delicious, crispy pakoras.
I have added mint leaves in this pakora which give very unique flavor to it. But if you don’t have it then you can skip it.
Winter is started here in my part of world. So this is the right time to make hot pakoda and having it with a hot cup of tea. I have already shared many different pakoda recipes. And this time I thought of making cabbage pakoda.
I do make deep fried food once in awhile (whenever in mood of indulging). Pakoda comes in mind first. That is the reason, you see above long list of recipes shared here.
I have used green chilies as well as red chili powder. You can of course adjust the amount as per your liking spiciness.
How to make cabbage pakoda (Step by Step Recipe with Photos):
1) Take besan and rice flour in a bowl. Also add salt, red chili powder and kasoori methi.
2) Mix well so everything gets incorporated well.
3) Then add chopped green chilies, cilantro, mint leaves, onion and cabbage.
4) Mix well.
5) Before you add water to make batter, heat oil in pan on medium heat for deep frying. Also line a plate with paper towel and keep it aside.
6)Add water little a time and make medium-thick consistency batter.
6) Now check oil is hot enough or not by dropping a small ball of batter into the oil. If it comes on top very immediately them it is too hot. If it stays at bottom then oil is not hot enough. It should come on top after 2-3 seconds and then oil is ready for deep frying.
7) Using your hand, drop spoonful of batter into the oil.
8) Fry till it becomes golden brown and crispy from all the sides. Keep moving with spatula for even browning.
9) Once fried, remove it using spatula and also drain excess oil.
10) Use prepared paper towel lined plate, so it will absorb extra oil.
Serve cabbage pakoda hot/warm.
- ½ cup Besan (gram flour)
- 2 tablespoons Rice flour
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green chilies chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mint leaves finely chopped **optional
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Cabbage chopped
- 1/3 cup Water
- Oil for deep frying pakoda
- Take besan and rice flour in a bowl.
- Add rest of the pakoda ingredients except water and oil. Mix well.
- Before you add water to make batter, heat oil in pan on medium heat for deep frying.
- Also line a plate with paper towel and keep it aside.
- Add water little a time and make medium-thick consistency batter.
- Using your hand, drop spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry till it becomes golden brown and crispy from all the sides. Keep moving with slotted spatula for even browning.
- Once fried, remove it using spatula and also drain excess oil.
- Use prepared paper towel lined plate, so it will absorb extra oil.
- Similarly fry the next batch