Watermelon mint juice recipe – fruit juice made with watermelon and mint leaves. It is flavored with Indian spices.
I have already shared the simple, plain watermelon juice recipe. But this time I have spiced up the watermelon juice with roasted cumin powder and black salt. It gives me the sharbat kind of taste. While drinking this, I got the similar spiced taste of those sugarcane juice with masala on top from street vendors. I and hubby loved the flavor of spices in the juice.
Watermelon is very hydrating fruit. So it is good to consume during the summer. While mint leaves are refreshing and cooling to your body. So watermelon and mint leaves are combined, it makes the perfect summer drink. It prevents your body from heat stroke.
Just like other juice recipes, I have made this watermelon mint juice in the blender. The method is very easy and quick. Add everything into the blender, blitz into smooth juice.
How to make watermelon mint juice recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Chop the watermelon without rind into big chunks. Remove the seeds if any. Take the watermelon cubes into the blender.
2) Add mint leaves.
3) Squeeze the fresh lemon or lime juice.
4) Add sugar if needed. If your watermelon is sweet enough then skip it.
5) Spice up the juice by adding roasted cumin powder
6) and black salt.
7) Also add a pinch of black pepper powder.
8) Blend it till it gets smooth. There should not be any large pieces of mint leaves.
Pour into the serving glasses. If needed add few ice cubes to the glass and then pour the juice into. Garnish it with mint leaves and serve. Juice will separate overtime, and spices will settle down at the bottom, so stir before serving.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this watermelon mint juice as a thirst quencher drink during the summer days. Much healthier option than sugary, carbonated drinks.
- It is recommended to use seedless watermelon. It has only few white seeds which are edible.
- If using the watermelon which has seeds in it. Make sure to remove each and every seeds before blending into the blender.
- Addition of spices like roasted cumin powder, black salt and pepper powder is totally optional. Sometimes I like to have spiced up juice, so I add them. Otherwise you can make watermelon mint juice by using only watermelon, mint and lemon juice. Either way it tastes fantastic.
- When I made watermelon juice or watermelon strawberry juice, I have not added any sugar. Because that time watermelon was sweet enough. But this time the fruit was not that much sweet, so I have added touch of sugar in it. So adjust the sugar quantity or skip it, as per the taste of the fruit.
- I usually use the chilled watermelon cubes for juicing. But if your watermelon is not chilled then you can add few ice cubes while blending.
- Over the time, juice will separate. Also the spices will settle down at the bottom. So stir it well and then serve.
- Please use the rock salt (sendha namak) in place of black salt, If making this for vrat or Hindu fasting.
Watermelon mint juice recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 4 cups Watermelon cubed
- 8-10 Mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Sugar optional
- ½ teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Chop the watermelon without rind into big chunks. Remove the seeds if any.
- Take the watermelon cubes into the blender.
- Add mint leaves. Squeeze the fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Add sugar if needed. If your watermelon is sweet enough then skip it.
- Spice up the juice by adding roasted cumin powder, black salt and black pepper powder.
- Blend it till it gets smooth.
- Pour into the serving glasses.
- If needed add few ice cubes to the glass and then pour the juice into.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving