Now come to today’s recipe, Palak methi muthia is very healthy breakfast. As they steamed not deep fried, they are low in calories. You won’t have to compromise with taste. This palak methi muthia taste very delicious though they are steamed. Once you make this, I am sure you will fall in love with this recipe. I have sautéed them in little oil after steaming them. That’s why them become little crisp from outside. So let’s get started.As you know that leafy vegetables has so many nutrition in it. They are low in calories, low in fat and high protein, fiber, iron and calcium. You should have leafy vegetables in your diet. I also make different ways to include them in my family’s diet.
Adapted from – “Microwave Desi Khana” by Tarla Dalal
Palak Methi Muthia Recipe
- 3 cups Spinach (Palak) chopped
- 1 cup (Fenugreek Leaves) Methi leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta)
- 1 tablespoon Besan (gram flour)
- 1 tablespoon Sooji (rava or semolina)
- ½ teaspoon Ginger paste or freshly grated or crushed
- 2 Green chilies chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- Take washed spinach and methi leaves in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt on it. And leave it side for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare steamer to steam muthias. Add about ½ inch of water in steamer and let it come to simmer on medium heat. Lightly oil the steamer dish (it should have some holes in it.). keep it side till needed.
- After 10 minutes. Squeeze the water out with hands. Look how much liquid is came out from it.
- Take squeezed spinach and methi in a bowl.
- Add other all ingredients (chapatti atta, besan, sooji, ginger paste, green chilies, cumin seeds, lemon juice, oil, sugar, salt, baking soda).
- Mix it well and make dough like ball. (You will feel there is no flour in it. But this is perfectly fine. This is how it supposes to be. Do not add any extra flour.)
- Divide it into small muthias with your hand. I am able to get 13 muthias. Place muthias in prepared dish. Make sure to arrange them few inches apart. So they won’t stick to each other.
- Steam it for 20 minutes. Remove plate from the steamer and prepare Tadka.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds and sesame seeds. Let them pop.
- Then add steamed muthias. Stir it gently and let them brown for 3-4 minutes. Stir in between very carefully without breaking muthias.
- Serve hot.
Serving suggestion: It usually served as a snack or breakfast. You can make this as an appetizer for your guests as they are bite size. I like to have these yummy babies as it is with a cup of hot tea or coffee. You can have it with any chutney.
Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee. This will make your morning very very good and healthy. Take a look at close up look. So get in your kitchen and make them.