Paneer fried rice is one of the QUICK and EASY weeknight dinners around! This is the homemade version of Indian Chinese style restaurant version. We all love our classic veg fried rice but come on this paneer fried rice is 100 times better.
Other than making as a weeknight dinner, this can be packed into kids’ or adult’s lunch box. It’s easy to make and call for basic ingredients. Another good thing about this paneer fried rice gets ready in a
Keep the cooked rice ready in the fridge and whip up the dish in no time.
I am sure you and your family will love this protein-packed, hearty, filling paneer fried rice recipe as much as we do.
Ingredients for Paneer Fried Rice Recipe
- Basmati rice
- Sesame oil
- Ginger, Garlic, Green chili
- Veggies (onion, green onion, carrot, capsicum)
- Soy sauce
- Chili sauce
How to make Paneer Fried Rice Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
- Heat the oil on medium-high heat. Once hot add ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Saute for a minute or less. Or till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes away.
- Then add onion and spring onion.
- Mix and cook till onions are soft (for around 1-2 minutes).
- Add chopped carrot and capsicum. Mix and saute till veggies are soft (but not mushy).
- Add soy sauce.
- Add chili sauce.
- Add vinegar.
- Mix everything well.
- Toss the paneer cubes in the sauce and veggies.
- Add cooked rice, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Toss everything together and cook till rice gets heated through for around 2-3 minutes.
Then turn off the stove and it is ready to serve.
Let’s make it Healthier!
- Use brown rice instead of white rice.
- Use a
combinationof rice and quinoa.
- Use cauliflower rice (I am not a
fanof cauliflower rice because I love my carbs).
Can I substitute the vegetables?
Yes, you can use your choice of vegetables. Green peas, corn, green beans, mushroom, cauliflower, cabbage, red pepper, broccoli are all great additions or substitutions.
Paneer Fried Rice Recipe (How to make Paneer Fried Rice)
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger finely chopped or minced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 Green chili finely chopped
- ¼ cup Onion chopped
- ¼ cup Spring onion (green onion or scallion) chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) chopped
- ¼ cup Carrot chopped
- ¾ cup Paneer cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Chili sauce
- ½ teaspoon Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili flakes or to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Once hot add chopped ginger, garlic and green chili. Sauté for a minute or till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes away.
- Then add onion and spring onion, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add chopped veggies (carrot, capsicum) and cook for 2-3 minutes or till they are soft.
- Mix in soy sauce, chili sauce and vinegar.
- Toss in paneer and cook for a minute.
- Add cooked rice, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Mix well and let everything get heated up for around 2-3 minutes.
- Paneer fried rice is ready to serve.