This strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt is quick, healthy and oh so refreshing, this smoothie will brighten your mornings! This 5 ingredients smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or mid-afternoon snack, it’s full of good stuff.
❤️About This Recipe
Quick: It takes no more time than a couple of minutes to make this smoothie, so it’s perfect for those busy mornings.
Perfect for the whole family: Kids, as well as grown-ups, love this strawberry banana smoothie.
Simple ingredients: You’ll need just 5 ingredients to make this delicious smoothie. All of them are easily available.
Taste & Texture: This thick and creamy smoothie has a sweet taste with a hint of tang.
Here is the pic of the ingredients to make the strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe. Yogurt and sweetener are not shown in the pic.
Strawberries: I have used fresh strawberries as I can choose the perfectly ripe, sweet ones. Frozen can be used instead.
Banana: I prefer to use frozen bananas over fresh ones. They will give an extra creamy texture and chilled. However, fresh banana can be used if that’s all you have.
Clementine: It adds a slight tang and cuts down the super sweetness of the banana. Instead, you can use orange juice.
Yogurt: I have used unsweetened plain yogurt so I can control the sugar in my smoothie.
Sweetener: It is optional. You can use your choice of sweetener e.g. honey, maple syrup or sugar.
- This strawberry banana smoothie tastes best when served fresh. Although it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- If you like, add some superfoods like hemp hearts, chia seeds. They don’t affect the taste of the smoothie.
- You can add a handful of greens like spinach, kale to make a green smoothie. Again, greens don’t affect the taste much.
- If you don’t want to add the tangy flavor then use water or coconut water instead of orange juice or clementine.
- Add some protein powder to sneak in some more protein in the drink.
Did you try this strawberry mango smoothie recipe with yogurt? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.
📋 Recipe Card
Strawberry Banana Smoothie (With Yogurt)
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup Strawberries
- ½ cup Orange juice or 1 clementine
- ¾ cup Plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey or to taste
- Remove the green stem of the strawberries.
- Add them into the blender along with frozen banana, clementine, yogurt and honey.
- Blend it until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into the glass and serve immediately.
- Superfoods like hemp hearts or chia seeds.
- Greens: Add a handful of spinach or kale.
- Protein: Add your choice of vanilla flavor protein powder.