Strawberry banana smoothie recipe – healthy, delicious smoothie made in no time.
I am not the sweet breakfast person. So I make smoothie as a breakfast only once in two weeks (of course only on the day when I have very less office work). For remaining days I have to have a cup of coffee to start my day.
I usually keep the peeled banana in my freezer. Which makes the smoothie so creamy and chilled.
I have added a clementine to cut down the sweetness of banana and gives wonderful slight tangy flavor to the smoothie. Yes you can use orange juice instead if clementine is not available.
Addition of almonds in the smoothie makes it more nutritious. So this smoothie is best for kids to keep them energized. And it is good beverage to keep your kids away from those fizzy drinks during summer.
I have used plain vanilla yogurt. But strawberry yogurt would be great substitution and will give more intense strawberry flavor.
Serving suggestion: Have a glass of it as a breakfast or snack. It is very filling, so you can replace the breakfast with this.
Strawberry banana smoothie recipe
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 large banana
- 10 Strawberries
- ½ cup Orange juice or 1 clementine
- 4-5 Almonds soaked in water for 30 minutes
- ¾ cup Plain yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey or to taste
- First soak the almonds in warm water for 20-30 minutes.
- Then discard the water and use the soft almonds.
- In the blender, add banana, strawberries, orange juice, yogurt and honey.
- Blend it till everything is well blended.
- Remove it to a serving glasses and enjoy
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving