This strawberry banana smoothie with yogurt is quick, healthy and oh so refreshing, this smoothie will brighten your mornings! This 5 ingredients smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast or mid-afternoon snack, it’s full of good stuff.
❤️ About Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
Quick: It takes no more time than a couple of minutes to make this smoothie, so it’s perfect for those busy mornings.
Perfect for the whole family: Kids, as well as grown-ups, love this strawberry banana smoothie.
Simple ingredients: You’ll need just 5 ingredients to make this delicious smoothie. All of them are easily available.
Taste & Texture: This thick and creamy smoothie has a sweet taste with a hint of tang.
🧾 Ingredient Notes
Here is the pic of the ingredients to make the strawberry banana yogurt smoothie recipe. Yogurt and sweetener are not shown in the pic.
- Strawberries: I have used fresh strawberries as I can choose the perfectly ripe, sweet ones. Frozen can be used instead.
- Banana: I prefer to use frozen bananas over fresh ones. They will give an extra creamy texture and chilled. However, fresh banana can be used if that’s all you have.
- Clementine: It adds a slight tang and cuts down the super sweetness of the banana. Instead, you can use orange juice.
- Yogurt: I have used unsweetened plain yogurt so I can control the sugar in my smoothie.
- Sweetener: It is optional. You can use your choice of sweetener e.g. honey, maple syrup or sugar.
💭 Expert Tips For Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- This smoothie tastes best when served fresh. Although it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
- If you like, add some superfoods like hemp hearts, chia seeds. They don’t affect the taste of the smoothie.
- You can add a handful of greens like spinach, kale to make a green smoothie. Again, greens don’t affect the taste much.
- If you don’t want to add the tangy flavor then use water or coconut water instead of orange juice or clementine.
- Add some protein powder to sneak in some more protein in the drink.
Did you try this smoothie recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review.
📋 Recipe Card
Strawberry Banana Smoothie (With Yogurt)
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup Strawberries
- ½ cup Orange juice or 1 clementine
- ¾ cup Plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Honey or to taste
- Remove the green stem of the strawberries.
- Add them into the blender along with frozen banana, clementine, yogurt and honey.
- Blend it until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into the glass and serve immediately.
- Superfoods like hemp hearts or chia seeds.
- Greens: Add a handful of spinach or kale.
- Protein: Add your choice of vanilla flavor protein powder.