Vanilla milkshake recipe – simple and basic milkshake recipe made from vanilla ice cream and milk. This is the best and classic vanilla milkshake recipe.
Vanilla is my favorite flavor. And one friend got me addicted to french vanilla milkshake at Cold stone. So whenever I go there, I always end up ordering the same. Or once in awhile for a change I order mint chocolate chip ice cream. These two are my go to.
Recently I made vanilla ice cream at home. So using that, I must recreate or make my all time favorite ‘the vanilla milkshake’.
This is just the basic recipe of making milkshake, from this you can adapt and make many more different varieties. I have mentioned few in the notes below. Don’t forget to check that out.
How to make vanilla milkshake recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take milk into the blender or grinder.
2) Add vanilla extract.
3) Also add ice cream and sugar (if using). I have not added any extra sugar. Sweetness from the ice cream was enough for me.
4) Blend it till it is smooth. Do not over blend it otherwise ice cream will start to melt and you will get thin milkshake.
Pour into the serving glass and serve.
- To get the thick milkshake, do not over blend it. Otherwise ice cream will start to melt and you will end up with thin milkshake. Blend it just until everything is smooth.
- You can adjust the amount of milk and ice cream as per your preference. If you like extra thick milkshake then increase the amount of ice cream. If you prefer thin milkshake then decrease the amount of ice cream and add little more milk. In short, adapt it as per your preference.
- The above given measurements will give you medium thick consistency.
- Add few nuts in it while blending e.g. almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans. My favorite combinations is vanilla milkshake with almonds and pecans. Try it once, you will also like it.
- Add few canned cherries or maraschino cherries for cherry vanilla milkshake.
- You can add a tablespoon of chocolate chips while blending.
- I have already shared one variation – oreo milkshake.
- Go with your imagination and enjoy different flavors each and every time.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this milkshake whenever you are craving for it. It will be a treat for kids. During the summer season, I like to have it in the afternoon.
Vanilla milkshake recipe
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup ice cream Vanilla flavor
- ¼ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract optional
- Sugar as needed, optional
- Take milk into the blender or grinder.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Also add ice cream and sugar (if using).
- I have not added any extra sugar. Sweetness from the ice cream was enough for me.
- Blend it till it is smooth. Do not over blend it otherwise ice cream will start to melt and you will get thin milkshake.
- Pour this vanilla milkshake into the serving glass and serve.