Oh yeah, posting one more milkshake recipe in this Summer season and that is Cashew nut and dried fig milkshake. I always enjoyed eating dried fig ice cream when I was in India. But I never get it here in USA. So I thought of making milkshake out of dried fig.
It is very important to soak the figs in water for about 4 hours. Because dried fig has tough skin and it won’t blend it that smoothly. So if we soak it then skin will become soft and we are able to chop them and so milkshake will become nice and smooth.
Kaju and Anjeer milkshake is very healthy and nutritious milkshake for growing kids and for adults too. You might know that dried figs are richest in fiber, copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and vitamin K.
I like dried figs not only for nutritious reason but I like to bite those little crunchy seeds. It gives nice texture to the smooth and creamy milkshake. I have added cashews which gives nice nutty and rich flavor to the milkshake. I have added Rose essence which give unique taste to it, but you can skip it. I have tried without it also. And addition of ice cream is also optional. Ice cream makes milkshake thick, rich and creamy only.
So let’s get started,
- Dried figs – 5-6
- Cashew nuts – ¼ cup
- Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Honey or Sugar– 2 tablespoons or to taste
- Rose essence – 2-3 drops, optional
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop, optional
- Take dried figs and cashews in a small bowl. I have used broken cashews. Soak them in the water. Add enough water, so figs and cashews are just covered. Do not add too much water.
- Let them soak for at least 4 hours, more hours will not harm. By that time, figs will soak all the water and become very soft.
- Now chop the figs into small pieces.
- Take cashews and figs in the blender with milk, vanilla ice cream, sugar and rose essence.
- Blend it till figs and cashews are grinded and smooth.
- Pour into serving glass and serve.
Shelf life – why someone wants to store? Isn't it very easy to make? Still if you want to store, it can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
Serving suggestions – It can be served as an afternoon beverage or as a dessert.