Fruit cream recipe – Mixed fruits are mixed with sweetened, whipped cream. This is also called fruit salad with cream.
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Rose water
- 1 ½ cups Mixed fruits I used mixture of banana, apple, grapes, pomegranate, chikoo. Few suggestions mentioned below.
- 1 tablespoons Almonds
- 1 tablespoons Cashew nuts
- Take heavy whipping cream in a bowl. Keep this bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once chilled add sugar and rose water in that.
- Start beating it till you get soft peaks. Do not overbeat.
- Now keep this into the fridge.
- Right before serving, chop the fruits.
- Add fruits and nuts into the whipped cream.
- Mix well to combine.
- Remove it to individual serving bowl and serve.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
This is EASY and QUICK dessert recipe. If you have guests or friends coming over, you can make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge. Check out the points mentioned below regarding which fruits to add and which not to add if making ahead of time.
You can double, triple or multiply the recipe as needed. This is perfect dessert for summer picnics or parties.
This fruit salad with cream is rich, creamy dessert with very refreshing flavors. Use seasonal fruits to get the best taste out of it.
- You can add other fruits like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, pitted cherries, papaya, mango, pears, fresh figs.
- If using watery fruits like watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, orange, muskmelon etc then it should be served immediately. And this should not be stored in the fridge.
- The fruit cream made without watery fruits will stay good for 1-2 days in refrigerator.
- You can add tutti fruitti or candied chopped fruits.
- You can other chopped nuts like walnuts, macadamia nuts, hazelnuts. Or add chopped dried fruits like dates, figs, apricots, raisins.
- For the flavoring you can use vanilla extract instead of rose water.
- Combine couple fruit flavors instead of mixed fruits. E.g. to make strawberry mango cream, add chopped strawberries and mangoes in the cream. Also you can mix in few spoonful of pureed mango into the cream for extra flavor.
- Variations are endless, use your imaginations.
How to make fruit cream recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take heavy whipping cream in a bowl. Keep this bowl and whisk attachment in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to make it chilled. This will help in whipping the cream easily.
2) Now add sugar and rose water in that. Start beating it till you get soft peaks. Do not overbeat otherwise cream will start to separate and will turn into butter. Now keep this into the fridge.
3) Right before serving, chop the fruits. Add those into the chilled, whipped cream. Also add cashews and almonds.
4) Mix well to combine.
Remove it to individual serving bowl. Garnish with more fruits and serve.