Fruit custard recipe – mixed fruits are added into sweet, rich and creamy custard. This is EASY dessert recipe and loved by all whether kids or adults.
Which fruits to add and not to add in fruit custard?:
- Here I have added banana, apple, grapes, pomegranate, chickoo and mangoes which my mom, gradmom have used all the time. So these are our favorite and taste good too.
- You can use your choice of seasonal fruits. Few suggestions are papaya, strawberry, blueberry, pears, fresh figs etc.
- Avoid using watery fruits and citrus fruits e.g. watermelon, muskmelon, kiwi, orange, pineapple.
It is also known as Fruit salad with custard.
This can be made in bulk very easily without any extra effort by making double or triple the quantity, if you are having small get together or party.
This is my childhood favorite. My mom makes it during Diwali and sometimes for special guests. We usually serve this with meal on side with poori.
I have eaten this many times in wedding functions during summer season. If this is not in the menu then aamras must be there.
Many times I do make similar dessert recipe using mixed fruits which is fruit cream.
How to make fruit custard salad recipe:
1) Take custard powder in a small bowl.
2) Add ½ cup of milk and dissolve it. Make sure there are no lumps.
3) Now take remaining 2 cups of milk in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
4) Add sugar and mix.
5) With stirring once in awhile bring the milk to a boil.
6) Once it starts boiling, add prepared custard milk mixture. While adding keep stirring constantly to avoid lump formation.
7) Now with stirring constantly, bring it to a simmer.
8) And cook for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes thick. Keep in mind that it will get more thick as it cools.
9) Once thickened, turn off the stove. Remove the custard in a bowl. Bring it to a room temperature and the chill into the fridge. It is important to CHILL THE CUSTARD before adding fruits.
10) Chop the fruits and make sure to cut all the fruits into same bite size pieces.
11) Add the cut fruits immediately into the chilled custard.
12) Stir to combine, again cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for couple of hours and then serve.
For a variation,
– you can try with different flavored custard powder. Here I have used vanilla custard powder.
– If you want, you can add chopped nuts or dry fruits like almonds, cashews or raisins, chopped dates, dried figs in it.
Serving suggestion: This fruit custard must be served chilled to get the best taste. It can be served as a dessert after meal or along with your meal.
Fruit custard recipe
- 1-2 tablespoon Custard powder
- 2 ½ cups Milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 cups Mixed fruits (Total) chopped. I have used below
- ¼ cup banana
- ¼ cup Apple
- ¼ cup Pomegranate arils
- ½ cup Grapes
- ¼ cup Chikoo (Sapota)
- ¼ cup Mangoes
Making fruit custard recipe:
- Mix custard powder and ½ cup of milk in a bowl to make lump free batter.
- Now take remaining 2 cups of milk with sugar in a heavy bottom pan on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add prepared custard milk mixture. While adding keep stirring constantly to avoid lump formation.
- Now with stirring constantly, bring it to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes or till it thickens. Then turn off the stove.
- Remove it in a bowl and bring it to a room temperature and then chill into the fridge. It is important to CHILL it before adding fruits.
- Now chop the fruits and mix into chilled custard.
- Again cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for couple of hours and then serve.