Simple and refreshing 4 ingredients mango banana smoothie is packed with flavors. It has pure mango goodness, creaminess from banana and slight taste of coconut milk to the PERFECTION!!
First thing’s first. There are only 4 ingredients. We’ll start with mangoes. I love the mangoes in beverages. For that always choose the less fibrous variety. If you blender is powerful like mine then fibers will get broken and ground. But few will get missed and having a stringy fibers while drinking smoothie is not pleasant at all.
We also have banana in it. I always have frozen banana in my freezer. This is the secret to make creamy, super thick smoothie. In case you haven’t tried before, take the ripe banana, peel it, cut into three-four pieces and freeze in ziplock bag. Your life is about to change.
Also ripe banana will provide the natural sweetness to the smoothie. So you may not need to add sugar or honey.
Also, coconut milk. This adds the tropical flavor along with mangoes. Coconut milk also adds creaminess. I always use Thai Kitchen Organic Lite Coconut Milk. Instead of coconut milk, you can use almond milk. But NEVER use ‘dairy’ milk means cow’s or buffalo’s milk. Dairy and banana are the worst combination in Ayurveda.
Last one is coconut water. It is added to make drinkable smoothie consistency. I always have coconut water in my fridge, so I use that. Instead you can use regular chilled water. It won’t make much difference.
If you want to make green smoothie, throw in handful of spinach leaves, just for a nutrition punch. There is so much flavor from banana and mango, you won’t even notice the spinach in it, I swear.
Mango banana smoothie recipe (with coconut milk)
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 2 medium or 1 ½ cups Mangoes chopped
- 1 large banana
- ¾ cup Coconut milk Light or thin
- ¼ to ½ cup Coconut water or as needed
- Honey or sugar as needed, optional.
Making mango banana smoothie recipe:
- Wash and peel the mangoes.
- Chop them roughly and discard the pit.
- Take chopped mangoes into the blender or grinder.
- Add banana and light coconut milk. NOTE: if you are using homemade coconut milk then use second extract.
- Also add coconut water. Start with less coconut water.
- Blend it till everything is well blended and smooth.
- Check the consistency of the smoothie and if needed add splash of more coconut water and blend again.
- Pour the smoothie into individual serving glasses, stick in the straw and enjoy!!
Notes*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving
How to make mango banana smoothie recipe:
1) Wash and peel the mangoes. Chop them roughly and discard the pit. Take chopped mangoes into the blender or grinder.
2) Add banana. I am using frozen banana here just to make the smoothie extra chilled. Add sugar or honey as per your liking. I have not added any because I use very ripe banana to get most sweetness from it.
3) Then add light coconut milk. You can use full fat coconut milk, but I found that full fat one is little bit on heavier side. So I always use light. NOTE: if you are using homemade coconut milk then use second extract.
4) Also add coconut water. Start with less coconut water. Blend it till everything is well blended and smooth. Check the consistency of the smoothie and if needed add splash of more coconut water and blend again. Here I have frozen banana which makes the super thick smoothie, so I have added around ½ cup of coconut water. Instead of coconut water, you can use regular chilled water too.
Pour the smoothie into individual serving glasses, stick in the straw and enjoy!!
Serving suggestions: Enjoy this banana mango smoothie as a breakfast or snack. Because of the banana in it, this smoothie is really filling to the stomach. I prefer this as a breakfast.