The best Eggless brownies recipe from scratch! They’re so easy and perfectly delicious, plus they use pantry staples so you can make them on any day when those intense chocolate cravings strike. They’re soft, moist, cake-like and perfectly chocolatey.
A chocolate lovers dream come true!
World’s Best Eggless Brownie Recipe
A no-fuss recipe using a mixing bowl, wire whisk and everyday ingredients. The best things in life are often the simplest.
This is my go-to eggless brownie recipe and after one bite you won’t even notice that this brownie recipe has no eggs. They have the perfect intensity of chocolate flavor, they are sweet and rich, and they’re unbelievably satisfying.
The chocolate flavor comes from the cocoa powder. And to get a double dose of chocolate I have added some chocolate chips in the brownie batter. Those little melty chocolate chips in each bite will get you every time.
For some crunch, you can add roasted, chopped walnuts or pecans or almonds or any other nuts of your choice.
When it comes to eggless brownies, it is a little tricky to make and I have failed so many times. After many trials, I got success with this fool-proof recipe. And it has the best cake-like texture. To get the fudgy, gooey texture, please try my eggless chocolate brownie recipe.
I have also shared the no-bake brownie recipe.
How to make eggless brownies?
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
2) First, melt the butter in a microwave or on the stovetop. And let it cool while you prepare baking pan and other ingredients.
3) Lightly butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray 8x8 inch baking pan. Line it with parchment paper with sides up. So it will be easy to lift after it bakes. Again butter or spray the parchment paper.
4) Take all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
5) Now sift the cocoa powder.
6) And because of that, there will be no lumps of cocoa powder.
7) Mix well till incorporated well.
8) Now take melted and cooled butter in another bowl. Add yogurt and vanilla extract.
9) Whisk well till everything gets mixed.
10) Add dry flour mixture.
11) Mix well. Do not over mix.
12) Add chocolate chips or walnuts if using. And mix well.
13) Now pour the batter into prepared pan.
14) And bake it into pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes. Check by inserting a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then it is ready. Let brownie cools completely in the pan on cooling rack before cutting. It takes at least 30 minutes.
15) After it cools completely, remove it to the cooling rack with the help of the parchment paper.
16) And using a sharp knife cut into 16 pieces or as per your desire.
17) Dust them with powdered sugar (optional) and serve.
I have just sprinkled some powdered sugar before serving, looks good right?
It stays good 2-3 days at room temperature. Or it can be refrigerated for 5 days in air-tight container
Serving suggestion: You can enjoy the brownies as such. Or best way to indulge is warm it up in a microwave and add a scoop of ice cream on top. Just heaven on the earth. As I am writing, my mouth is watering. Or just go crazy, make a batch of chocolate ganache and spread in on the top, let it set and then cut.
Tips for BEST Eggless Brownies:
- Here I have used dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder. I have used Hershey's brand. The color, taste, and flavor of the brownie is purely depend on the quality and type of cocoa powder.
- I would recommend using the good quality cocoa powder, as the whole flavor depend on what kind of cocoa you are using.
- Instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, go with white chocolate chips or mocha chips or dark chocolate chips.
- Instead of walnuts, use other nuts like pecans, almonds, hazelnuts. Or skip it completely, just like I did.
- One of the readers tried with oil. She used the same amount of flavorless oil like vegetable, canola, safflower in place of melted butter. As per her feedback, brownies came out good and tasted very good. You can read in the comments below.
Check out other popular eggless desserts from the blog
Eggless chocolate cupcakes
Eggless chocolate cake
Eggless chocolate mousse
Eggless chocolate chip cookies
World’s BEST Eggless Brownies
For eggless brownies:
- ¾ cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup White granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 stick or ½ cup Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Plain yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Chocolate chips optional
- ½ cup Walnuts Chopped , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for at least 10 minutes.
- First, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop. And let it cool down.
- meanwhile lightly butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray 8x8 inch baking pan.
- Line it with parchment paper with sides up. So it will be easy to lift after it bakes.
- Again butter or spray the parchment paper. Keep it aside.
Making eggless brownies recipe:
- Take all purpose flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Now sift the cocoa powder. Mix well till incorporated well.
- Now take melted and cooled butter in another bowl.
- Add yogurt and vanilla extract. Beat it well till everything gets mixed.
- Add dry flour mixture. Mix well. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips or walnuts if using. And fold them in
- Now pour the batter into prepared pan.
- And bake it into pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Check by inserting a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Let brownie cools completely in the pan on a cooling rack before cutting.
- After it cools completely, remove it to the cooling rack with the help of the parchment paper.
- And using a sharp knife cut into 16 pieces or as per your desire.
- Dust them with powdered sugar (optional) and serve.
I have used ur recipe many times. I came out yummy.. but yesterday I made it.. it was tasting sour. So please help me what mistake I could hav done.
Your yogurt might be sour to begin with.
Amazing recipes for sure will try again