Pudina paratha recipe – this is restaurant style, multi-layered mint paratha. It has its unique flavor that comes from fresh mint leaves and spice mix topping.
Whenever I make any paneer gravy, I try to make different kind of paratha or naan which goes very well with curries. This time I am trying pudina paratha. And let me tell you that it is to die for. You heard it right !! The taste and texture of these mint paratha is just superb. You must try it once.
This is kind of lachha paratha. We are applying spiced oil mixture before pleating. So the spices give really good taste and flavor. While oil between the layers makes it flaky and crispy.
The restaurant people use the dried mint leaves. But here I have used fresh leaves. I have added them while kneading the dough. The fresh pudina leaves enhances the flavor and makes it very fragrant, refreshing.
But if you do not have fresh leaves handy, you can use dried mint leaves instead.
How to make Pudina Paratha Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take chapati atta, salt and oil in a bowl. Mix well using your fingertips.
2) Add chopped mint leaves.
3) Again mix so everything is incorporated well.
4) Start adding little water at a time and keep kneading the dough. Knead till you get soft and smooth dough. It should be little softer than regular paratha dough. Cover it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
5) Meantime dry roast the cumin seeds and peppercorns on medium-low heat. Once you get nice aroma of roasted cumin seeds, turn off the stove and remove it from the pan.
6) Make powder using mortar and pestle or use spice grinder. Take into a small bowl, along with chaat masala.
7) Mix the spices well.
8) Add oil and make spiced oil mix. Keep it aside.
9) Now the dough has rested enough. Knead it again to make it smooth. Divide it into 8 equal portions, make smooth balls and flatten between your palm one by one.
10) Take one flatten disk, dust into dry flour and start rolling.
11) Roll into thin, 9-10 inch diameter circle. Dust with fry flour as needed while rolling.
12) Apply the spice oil mixture all over the surface.
13) Now start pleating the folds like chinese fan as shown below.
14) Once done slightly stretch it by holding both ends and tapping slightly on the board.
15) Then start rolling in spiral.
16) Tuck the end part and slightly press it to joint with dough. Keep it aside and similarly shape all of them.
17) Now take one shaped spiral disk, dust generously with flour.
18) And roll into 6 inch diameter circle lachha paratha.
19) Heat the tawa on medium heat. Once hot place rolled mint paratha. Let it cook for few minutes then flip it. Apply some oil on top, flip, cook by lightly pressing with spatula.
20) Once bottom part has brown spots and no more doughy part, flip, oil and press to cook other side as well.
21) Once done remove it to a plate and repeat the same for rest of the paratha.
22) Once it is slightly cooled to touch, crush it lightly to separate the layers.
Serving suggestion: Serve this mint paratha with any restaurant style curry e.g. paneer butter masala, malai kofta, shahi paneer, kadai paneer, veg makhanwala, dal makhani. It can be served as a breakfast with yogurt or pickle.
Pudina Paratha Recipe (Restaurant style Mint Paratha Recipe)
Pudina Paratha Recipe - this flaky, delicious restaurant style mint lachha paratha is easy to make at home.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
For mint paratha recipe:
- 1 ½ cups Whole wheat flour (Chapati atta)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil + more for frying paratha
- ½ Mint leaves finely chopped
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Water for kneading the dough
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- 2 tablespoons Oil
Preparation, making dough:
- Take atta, salt, oil and mint leaves in a bowl and mix using fingertips so everything is well mixed.
- Now knead the dough by adding little water at a time and make smooth, soft dough.
- Cover it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Meantime make spice mix. For that dry roast the cumin seeds and peppercorns, then grind into fine powder.
- Mix that with chaat masala and oil. Keep it aside.
Making pudina paratha recipe:
- Knead the dough again to make it smooth and divide into 8 equal portions.
- Make balls and flatten between palms to make discs.
- Work with one flattened disc at a time and roll into 9-10 inch diameter circle. Dust them with dry flour as needed while rolling.
- Apple spice oil mixture and make pleats like chinese fan. Then stretch it slight and roll into spiral, tuck the end by pressing slightly to seal.
- Dust generoughly with dry flour and roll into 6 inch diameter circle lachha paratha.
- Fry the paratha on hot tawa using little oil till both sides has brown spots. Frying the paratha method is same as regular paratha.
- Once fried from both sides, remove it to a plate and let it cool slightly.
- Then crush it lightly to separate the layers. Repeat the same for rest.