Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe – This is EASY and 10 minute sandwich recipe for breakfast or snack. Here cream cheese spread is mixed with few veggies and herbs. This mixture used for making sandwich or toast.
In this veg cream cheese sandwich, I have added spring onions, carrot and capsicum. You can add other veggies like grated beetroot, chopped cabbage, cucumber, tomato, boiled corn etc.
Few things to keep in mind, if adding watery veggies like cucumber, tomatoes then the sandwiches should be consumed right away. So if making for picnic, party or lunch box avoid such veggies.
If adding boiled corn kernels then make sure that they are at room temperature or cold. Do not add hot or warm corn otherwise cream cheese may get runny. We want spreading consistency.
Here I have used Amul Garlic cheese spread. You can use any other flavor like oregano pickle, jeera, pepper etc. There are many other brands available in market, you can use any.
How to make Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich?
1) Take cream cheese spread in a bowl.
2) Add chopped veggies (onion, capsicum, grated carrot, chili, coriander leaves). Mix well.
3) Add salt, pepper, red chili flakes and dried herbs. Add just enough salt only for veggies because cream cheese is slightly on saltier side.
4) Mix well. Keep it aside.
5) Now take bread slices, cut the edges from all 4 sides. Removing the edges is optional step.
6) Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture evenly.
7) Close with another slice of bread.
8) Cut into 4 pieces and serve.
9) If you want you can toast the bread slices.
10) And evenly spread the mixture on top to make veg cream cheese toast.
I would prefer the cold sandwich while hubby prefers the open toast.
Serving suggestion: Have this veg cream cheese sandwich as a breakfast or snack. Kids would like it in their lunch box or snack box.
Veg Cream Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 4 slices Bread
- 3 tablespoons Cream cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons Onion finely chopped, I used spring onions
- 1 tablespoon Carrot grated
- 2 tablespoons Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped, I used 1 tablespoon each red and green pepper
- ½ small Green chili finely chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red chilli flakes optional
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning or any other dried herb of your choice
- Take cream cheese spread in a bowl.
- Add chopped veggies, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and dried herbs. Add just enough salt only for veggies because cream cheese is slightly on saltier side.
- Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Now take bread slices, cut the edges from all 4 sides.
- Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of mixture evenly.
- Close with another slice of bread. Cut into 4 pieces and serve.
- Or you can toast the bread slices.
- And evenly spread the mixture on top to make open toast sandwich.