Pineapple juice recipe – fresh fruit juice made with fresh pineapple. This juice is made in blender only.
April is already started and now pineapples are at its peak season now. As being pineapple lover family, I never forget to buy it during my weekly food shopping. I alway prefer to eat the fruit as such. But dear hubby likes the fruit juice once in awhile. So few days ago I made this fresh pineapple juice.
Whenever I buy the pineapple, it is always in raw form. So I let it sit on counter top for few days or until it is ripen. To check its ripeness, the bottom of it should be yellow in color and when you smell the bottom, it should smell like pineapple. That is the right time, you can cut the pineapple. If you smell nothing meaning it is not ripe yet.
To peel, cut and core the pineapple, search on google saying ‘how to cut a pineapple’. You will find many useful resources. Few years ago, I did search and now not remember where I found the method. First I always cut the top and bottom. Then peel it from all the sides. Then slice it and remove the core. I have been doing it for years, so for me it is very easy task. But for the first timers, this can be little difficult.
If you find that your vendor can peel and cut the pineapple for you. Then you can choose that too. I have seen many vendors do that in Ahmedabad.
Never dare to use canned pineapple for making this juice. You can use frozen one though
How to make pineapple juice recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take chopped pineapple in the blender. Also add 1 cup of chilled water.
2) Blend it till it is smooth.
3) Now taste a spoonful of it and decide from there how much sugar do you need to add. Here I have added a tablespoon of maple sugar. Again blend it for couple of seconds just to make to sure that sugar is well blended.
4) Put the strainer over a pitcher or large bowl. Now strain the juice.
5) Press it gently using back of the spatula or spoon to get all of the juice. You will left with some fibers from pineapple. Discard that. For this juice, I strongly recommend straining it. Otherwise those fibers coming in mouth while drink is not pleasant.
6) If needed add few ice cubes to keep it chilled. Also add salt and stir. (If making for hindu fasting aka vrat then please use rock salt or sendha namak.)
I have skimmed off the most of the foam from the top using spoon. This step is optional though. Then pour juice into the individual serving glass and serve.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this fresh pineapple juice as a breakfast or anytime of the day. Perfect for kids to have it with after school snack. It can be served as a welcome drink to your guests or for your small get together or party.
- 2 ½ cups Pineapple chopped in pieces
- 1 cup Chilled water
- 1-2 tablespoons Sugar or as needed
- a small pinch Salt
- Ice cubes as needed
Take chopped pineapple in the blender.
Also add 1 cup of chilled water. Blend it till it is smooth.
Now taste a spoonful of it and decide from there how much sugar do you need to add. Here I have added a tablespoon of sugar.
Again blend it for couple of seconds just to make to sure that sugar is well blended.
Put the strainer over a pitcher or large bowl. Now strain the juice.
Press it gently using back of the spatula or spoon to get all of the juice.
You will left with some fibers from pineapple. Discard that.
add salt and stir.
If needed add few ice cubes to keep it chilled.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving