Schezwan fried rice is one of the popular Indo-Chinese recipes. It is very easy to make. This is not the authentic kind of Chinese fried rice. This is the Indian version of fried rice. So it is fairly hot.
Basically schezwan pepper is used to make this rice spicy. But it is not available easily. So I have used dried red chili. And of course garlic is must in indo-chinese food.
I have prepared schezwan sauce first and then made schezwan fried rice. If you have sauce ready then it can be ready in 10 minutes.
Schezwan Fried Rice – Indo Chinese Recipe
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Oil
- 2 teaspoons Celery chopped finely, optional
- ⅓ cup Cabbage shredded
- ⅓ cup Carrot sliced
- ⅓ cup Green pepper (Capsicum) cut into strips
- ½ cup Schezwan sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan on high heat. Once hot add celery, cabbage, carrot and capsicum. Sauté for 2-3 minutes in high heat. Because veggie should be crunchy not steamed.
- Add cooked rice and mix properly.
- Add schezwan sauce.
- Mix well so all rice grain is coated with sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes or till rice and sauce gets heated through.
- And serve hot.
Serving suggestions – Serve as it is or with veg Manchurian or paneer Manchurian or gobi Manchurian or paneer chilli gravy.
I have served this schezwan fried rice with Veg Manchurian with gravy. It was spicy, hot dinner for us.