Cafe style Cold Coffee with Ice Cream – At many places this is called coffee milkshake. Try this indulging drink in the hot summer days.
For making this coffee milkshake, I have used instant coffee and added directly into the blender. This way I can make it within 5 minutes. If not using instant coffee then you can use coffee decoction using freshly ground coffee beans and hot water. Let this decoction cool down completely before using into cold coffee recipe.
As the name says, cold coffee with ice cream, I have added scoops of ice cream into the blender as well as on top at the time of serving. It makes the cold coffee thick, creamy and rich.
Here I have used chocolate ice cream. Because chocolate flavor brings out the coffee flavor and both goes very well together. Instead you can use vanilla ice cream, mocha ice cream or coffee ice cream.
Those who doesn’t like coffee flavor much, they might like this coffee beverage. Because of the sweetness and addition of ice cream mallow down the coffee flavor. If you want strong coffee flavor than you can increase the instant coffee quantity a little.
Just to make this cafe style cold coffee, I have garnished with chocolate sauce. This is optional.
Many times I am craving for this drink but do not want to add calories by adding ice cream and syrup. So that time I make simple cold coffee without ice cream.
How to make Cold Coffee with Ice Cream (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take instant coffee and sugar in a blender jar.
2) Add milk.
3) Also add ice cubes and ice cream. I have used chocolate ice cream. You can use vanilla ice cream.
4) Now blend it till everything is smooth, frothy and well blended.
5) Now drizzle little chocolate sauce over the inside surface of glass. Pour the prepared coffee milkshake. Add a scoop of ice cream on top. Mine just sink in, so you can’t see in the photo. Also drizzle over some more chocolate syrup for garnishing and serve.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this cafe style cold coffee recipe whenever you are craving for. This is good to enjoy during summer days.
Cold Coffee with Ice Cream (Coffee Milkshake Recipe)
this is cafe style cold coffee, perfect for summer days.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 5 teaspoons Instant Coffee
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- 3 + 2 scoops Ice cream (chocolate or vanilla)
- Few Ice cubes optional
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate sauce or syrup
Making Coffee Milkshake Recipe:
Add following ingredients into the blender jar (instant coffee, sugar, milk, 3 scoops of ice cream, ice cubes).
Blitz it till everything is well blended and becomes frothy.
Pour it into the serving glasses.
Add a scoop of ice cream in each glass and drizzle chocolate sauce on top.