Mango mastani recipe - Mastani is Pune’s popular drink recipe. This is nothing but the thick milkshake in this case mango milkshake topped with ice cream, nuts, tutti frutti and cherry.
I never had this drink before, this is the first time I am trying it. I am attracted to this beverage just by the look of it. How colorful and bright is it!! I came to know about this from Archanaji's video. This recipe is adapted from her recipe.
This taste similar to mango milkshake, but with added goodness on top. But it is definitely richer than the plain old milkshake.
This is the beverage dessert, similar to this falooda recipe. In these both beverages, you need to use spoon and straw both to finish it up. Also, it is little on heavier side that should be enjoyed as a dessert.
After doing research on the internet, I found that there are many different variations of this mastani drink are available in Pune e.g. pistachio, rose, chocolate, dry fruit, vanilla and so on.
Since hubby was in Germany last weekend, I have made one serving for myself only. This recipe can be doubled, tripled or as many serving as per your need.
How to make Mango mastani recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take chopped mangoes in a blender.
2) Add sugar and milk.
3) Also add 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream
4) Blend it till everything smooth.
5) Pour this thick milkshake into the glass.
6) Top it with a large scoop of ice cream.
7) Sprinkle sliced pistachios and almonds.
8) Sprinkle some tutti frutti and and garnish with cherry.
Serve it right away before ice cream gets melted.
Serving suggestions: Enjoy it as a dessert or anytime of the day.
Mango mastani recipe
- 1 medium or ¾ cup Mangoes chopped
- ½ cup Milk
- 1-2 scoops + 1 scoop Ice cream Vanilla or Mango
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 4-5 Pistachios sliced
- 4-5 Almonds sliced
- 2 teaspoons Tutti frutti
- 1 Maraschino Cherry or glazed cherry for garnishing
Making mango mastani recipe:
- Take chopped mangoes in a blender.
- Add sugar and milk. Also add 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream
- Blend it till everything smooth.
- Pour this thick milkshake into the glass.
- Top it with a large scoop of ice cream.
- Sprinkle sliced pistachios and almonds.
- Sprinkle some tutti frutti and and garnish with cherry.
- Serve it right away