Amazingly refreshing Indian salad! This kachumber salad is made with tiny cut, crisp fresh veggies like onion, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper and it’s all tossed with lemon juice. It’s the perfect and easy side to all your favorite Indian meals. It’s a classic recipe you’ll be using for years to come.
Easy Kachumber Salad Recipe
This kachumber salad makes delicious, a healthy side dish to just about any everyday Indian lunch or dinner. The cool and refreshing nature of this Indian salad is perfect for summer.
And the great thing about this amazingly good Indian kachumber salad is that it uses basic ingredients and it’s easy to make! It takes just 5 minutes, just a bit of chopping and mixing. No special cooking skills required, easy breezy.
This kachumber salad is my go-to salad for our lunch or dinner other than this cabbage sambharo (Warm Indian cabbage salad). Whenever I am making roti-sabzi or dal-rice, I must make this salad to serve on the side.
I was not planning to share this simple recipe here. But gave some thought process and concluded that I must share it as it is packed with nutrition. One needs to balance the diet by including raw veggies.
How to make Indian Kachumber Salad?
- Start by chopping the veggies finely. Usually, it is made with only onion, tomato, and cucumber. But this time I have added bell pepper (capsicum). Some do add finely chopped green chilies, but I have skipped it avoid spicy taste in our kachumber.
- Take everything in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, lemon juice, and salt.
- Toss everything well and serve right away.
Variations to this Indian Salad:
- During summer mint leaves will be in season. If you have it handy, add a few chopped mint leaves. It gives really nice refreshing flavors.
- You can add finely chopped cabbage or grated carrot, beetroot.
- You can flavor it up with a touch of black pepper powder or roasted cumin powder.
- If using an English cucumber then it has thick skin. I would recommend to peel them partially before chopping. Those mini Persian cucumbers are the best choice for this Indian salad.
Check out other Indian salad recipes
Raw mango kachumber // Carrot sambharo // Onion lachha // Papaya sambharo
Indian Salad Recipe (Kachumber Salad)
- ¼ cup Red onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cucumber finely chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon Lemon juice
- Chop all the vegetables finely.
- If the cucumber has tough and thick skin then peel and chop.
- Toss all the ingredients well in a mixing bowl.
- Serve kachumber salad right away.
Want Vegetarian Salad Recipe
sure, I will try to add