Dry fruits modak recipe – QUICK to make with nuts, dates, raisins and dry coconut. This mixture is now shaped into modak using moulds.
- 12 no. or 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 15 no. or 3 tablespoons Cashew nuts
- 8 Dates seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Raisins I used 1 tablespoon of each golden and black raisins
- ½ cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified butter)
- 1-2 teaspoons Water if needed
- First take almonds and cashews in the grinder or food processor. Make powder out of it by pulsing them.
- Now add dates, raisins and dry coconut. Now again pulse it and make coarse mixture.
- Now add ghee. Again start pulsing and it will come together like a dough.
- If it is not coming together than you can add 1 teaspoon of water and pulse again. You may not need to add water, it depends on the size and moisture content of your dates.
- Remove that mixture into the plate. Grease the modak moulds with ghee.
- Start shaping using mould.
The Ganesh chaturthi festival is nearing and so I will be sharing few different modak recipes. I have already shared few of them e.g. traditional modak, fried modak, chocolate modak, semolina modak, mawa modak.
This festival lasts for 10 days and I am planning to make a list of 10 different modak recipes here on the blog. So each and every day I can serve different flavored to bappa.
Apart from this, ladoo and few savory dishes are also served to Lord Ganesha. You can check out the complete list of recipes .
There is no cooking required. You will need the ingredients and grinder or food processor. This comes together within 10 minutes only.
This does not require any sugar or jaggery. All the sweetness comes from dates.
How to make dry fruits modak recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) First take almonds and cashews in the grinder or food processor. If you want you can dry roast them as well, but not mandatory.
2) Make powder out of it by pulsing them.
3) Now add dates and raisins.
4) Also add dry coconut.
5) Again pulse it and make coarse mixture.
6) Now add ghee.
7) Again start pulsing and it will come together like a dough. If it is not coming together than you can add 1 teaspoon of water and pulse again. You may not need to add water, it depends on the size and moisture content of your dates.
8) Remove that mixture into the plate. Grease the modak moulds with ghee. Start shaping them using mould. I usually keep the mould close, start stuffing and pressing tightly from the bottom hole. Then smooth out the bottom surface and after that I open the mould carefully and remove it
If making this on normal days, you can shape into ladoo instead.
Serving suggestion: During the Ganesh chaturthi festival this dry fruits modak is offered to Lord Ganesha, then served to devotees.