Lauki juice recipe (Bottle gourd juice) – healthy vegetable juice recipe made from bottle gourd, mint and coriander leaves. This is good detox juice that should be consumed first thing in the morning.
During summer season, lauki (dudhi or ghiya or bottle gourd) is widely available. Because of it’s high water content, it is good idea to consume it in the hot summer season.
There are many health and beauty benefits of it if consumed regularly.
- This juice is the great detox juice to cleanse your body.
- It is low in calorie and fat with rich in antioxidants which is great for weight loss.
- It reduces the high blood pressure and keeps your heart healthy.
- Soluble and insoluble fibers will help in easy digestion and prevents the constipation.
- It prevents the premature greying of hair.
- This juice will improve your complexion and helps you get the glowing skin.
Lauki is the part of cucumber family, so it is safe to consume in raw form. But taste a small piece of it before juicing, if it tastes bitter then discard that. Bitter lauki is not the good one for juicing.
Other detox juice recipe on the blog – Mint juice
I understand you, drinking lauki juice is not pleasant or enjoying moment. But try making the way I have made it, I am sure you will not taste the lauki in it at all.
Addition of good amount of mint leaves will overpower the taste. This will hide the taste of bottle gourd. Even the person who doesn’t like lauki will drink it without any complain. Trust me on this!!
How to make lauki juice recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) First wash the lauki, peel the skin and discard. Cut into cubes. Taste a small piece of lauki and make sure that it is not tasting bitter. If tastes bitter then DO NOT make juice from that. Take that into the blender along with ginger.
2) Add mint leaves and coriander leaves.
3) Freshly squeeze the lemon juice.
4) Also add black salt and regular salt.
5) Add black pepper powder.
6) Add about ½ cup of water. And blend it into smooth puree or paste.
7) Now add remaining water. Blend it again to incorporate well. Now strain the juice using stainer.
8) Using spoon or spatula, mash the mixture into the strainer and get most juice out of it.
Pour this bottle gourd juice into individual serving glass. Garnish with mint leaves and serve.
Serving suggestion: Start your day with this lauki ka juice. You will get the most benefits out of it if you drink it in the morning.
- 1 ½ cups Lauki (bottle gourd or dudhi) peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Mint leaves packed
- ¼ cup Cilantro or Coriander leaves packed
- ¼ inch piece Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 ½ cups Chilled Water (if not chilled add few ice cubes)
First wash the lauki, peel the skin and discard. Cut into cubes.
Taste a small piece of lauki and make sure that it is not tasting bitter. If tastes bitter then DO NOT make juice from that.
Take that into the blender along with ginger.
Add mint leaves and coriander leaves.
Freshly squeeze the lemon juice.
Also add black salt, regular salt and black pepper powder.
Add about ½ cup of water. And blend it into smooth puree or paste.
Now add remaining water. Blend it again to incorporate well.
Now strain the juice using stainer.
Using spoon or spatula, mash the mixture into the strainer and get most juice out of it.
Pour this juice into individual serving glass and serve
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving