Paneer Sandwich Recipe – Quick and easy sandwich recipe with cottage cheese aka paneer. This can be ready in 15 minutes only from start to finish.
Here I am spreading the butter, green chutney and ketchup on the bread. These all combined flavors complement well the flavor of paneer mixture.
The paneer stuffing mixture is uncooked. Here grated paneer is mixed with onion, capsicum, chillies and few spice powders. There is another method for making paneer sandwich and that is cooked stuffing version, similar to the bhurji.
This paneer sandwich is perfect as a breakfast. Because this can be done very quickly, perfect for busy mornings. Or you can make the paneer mixture previous night and keep refrigerated.
Also this sandwich is filling hence good for breakfast. On top of that it has enough nutrients needed to start the day.
Here I have used the toaster machine to make the sandwich. Alternately you can toast on tawa (keep the gas on medium-low to get the perfect crispy bread) or you can grill the sandwiches.
How to make Paneer Sandwich Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take grated paneer in a bowl. (if using frozen paneer then defrost it by keeping in the warm water and then grate. If using fresh, soft paneer then you can crumble it by hand).
2) Add chopped onion, capsicum, green chilies and coriander leaves. Mix well.
3) Add all the spices (red chili powder, chaat masala, amchur powder, garam masala, kasoori methi) along with salt.
4) Mix till everything is well combined. Keep this aside.
5) Take bread slices. (I am making just one for myself and rest stuffing kept in refrigerator for him to make it later). Apply the butter and then little ketchup evenly on both slices.
6) Then spread the chutney.
7) Put the stuffing on one bread and spread evenly.
8) Close the sandwich with other bread. Simultaneously preheat the toaster machine or grill machine or pan whatever you are using.
9) Toast the bread from both sides till it is golden brown and crispy.
10) Serve the sandwich hot/warm right away.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy this Paneer sandwich as a breakfast or snack. Have some more chutney and/or ketchup on side depending on your preference. Or serve with a cup of tea or coffee.
US measuring cups are used (1 cup = 240 ml)
- ½ cup Paneer grated or crumbled
- ¼ cup Onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped (I have used red pepper)
- 1 small Green chili
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro or coriander leaves finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- ¼ teaspoon Garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Kasoori methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 6 slices Bread
- 2 tablespoons Butter or as needed
- 3-4 tablespoons Green coriander chutney or mint chutney
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Ketchup or as needed
Take grated paneer in a bowl..
Add chopped onion, capsicum, green chilies and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Add all the spices (red chili powder, chaat masala, amchur powder, garam masala, kasoori methi) along with salt.
Mix till everything is well combined.
Keep this aside.
Take bread slices. Apply the butter and then little ketchup evenly on both slices.
Then spread the chutney on both slices.
Put the stuffing on one bread and spread evenly.
Close the sandwich with other bread.
Simultaneously preheat the toaster machine or grill machine or pan whatever you are using.
Toast the bread from both sides till it is golden brown and crispy.
Serve the sandwich hot/warm.