Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe – Quick and easy to make sandwich that can be served as a breakfast, snack or can be packed into lunch box.
As the name says, it has mix of vegetables mixed with mayonnaise. For some Indian touch, I have added little green coriander chutney to the sandwich mixture. It tastes too good. If making for those who do not like spicy taste, you can skip it. It still taste good without chutney too.
For a variation, instead of chutney you can add ketchup, sriracha sauce, hot sauce or basil pesto.
In this veg mayo sandwich, I have used onion, peppers, carrot and cabbage. You can use your choice of vegetables. If packing it for later (lunch, picnic snack) then avoid watery vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber.
Here I have made this vegetable mayo sandwich two ways. One with toasted bread and one without toasting the bread. In both types of sandwiches, I recommend to use cold (or room temperature) mixture. I would not grill or toast the sandwiches along with mixture. Because when mayonnaise gets heated up, it does not taste that good.
How to make Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take all the vegetables (carrot, onion, capsicum, cabbage) in a bowl along with salt and pepper.
2) Also add mayonnaise and green chutney.
3) Mix well.
4) If making sandwich using toasted bread then toast them in toaster or oven or tawa/pan as per your preference. Apply generous portion of the veggie mixture evenly on one bread.
5) Cover with another bread.
6) Slice into three or four pieces as needed.
7) Similarly you can make the sandwich without toasting the bread too.
8) Choose as per your liking and preference.
Serving suggestion: Serve this veg mayonnaise sandwich as a breakfast or snack. It can be packed into lunch box too.
Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe (How to make Mayo Sandwich Recipe)
Veg mayonnaise sandwich recipe - quick sandwich made with mixture of veggies, mayo and chutney.
Ingredients (1 cup = 240 ml)
- 4 slices Bread
- 2 tablespoons Carrot grated
- 2 tablespoons Onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Capsicum (Green bell pepper) finely chopped (I used orange)
- 2 tablespoons Cabbage finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Green coriander chutney or mint chutney
- In a bowl mix all the vegetables, salt, pepper, mayo and chutney.
- Taste and adjust the ingredients as per your liking.
- Take 2 bread slices, apply enough portion of veggie mayo mixture on one slice.
- Then cover with another bread slice and cut into pieces.
- Similarly this sandwich can be made with toasted bread.