My go-to kheer recipe with condensed milk! It’s deliciously rich, creamy and perfectly sweet with irresistible flavors. It’s a perfect dessert for any celebration.
❤️ You'll Love This Condensed Milk Kheer
This is the instant version (it takes only 20 minutes) vs traditional kheer takes much longer to prepare (20 mins rice soaking time + around 40-50 mins of cook time).
It is a dump and cook recipe. Very simple and easy to make. You cannot mess this up.
Even though this is an instant version, you’ll get the same taste and texture.
🧾 Ingredient Notes
Here is the pic of the ingredients used in making rice kheer with condensed milk (milkmaid). You’ll need only 8 ingredients and 20 minutes.
- Cooked rice: Because this is the quick version of kheer, we are using cooked rice. Make sure to use the unsalted cooked rice.
- Condensed milk: It adds enough sweetness and richness. It also makes the kheer perfectly creamy. Plus, milkmaid is already thick, so we don’t have to simmer for longer to get the right kheer consistency.
- Flavoring: I am using cardamom, nutmeg, saffron and rose water. All gives the best flavor, rose water gives a nice aroma.
- Nuts: Use a single one or use a mixture of almonds, cashews, raisins.
👩🍳 How To Make Kheer With Condensed Milk?
1) Take cooked rice in a saucepan.
2) Add milk and condensed milk.
3) Add chopped nuts and saffron.
4) Turn the heat on medium, mix well and let it simmer for 12-15 minutes or until it is thickened and becomes kheer consistency. Do stir occasionally to make sure that it is not sticking to the bottom and sides of the pan.
5) Now add cardamom powder, nutmeg and rose water.
6) Mix well and it is ready to serve.
🍽 Serving Ideas
- This can be served warm or chilled. To serve it cold, let it come to room temperature, then chill into the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2-3 hours before serving.
- It can be enjoyed a bowlful of it as such as a dessert.
- Or it can be served along with a meal and served with puri. If serving with poori, I recommend serving warm kheer.
Check Out Other Kheer Recipes
PS Tried this recipe? Please leave a star rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comment section. I always appreciate your feedback! Plus, Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for all the latest updates.
📋 Recipe Card
Kheer With Condensed Milk (Milkmaid)
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 2 cups Milk
- ½ can (7 oz or 200 grams) Sweetened condensed milk
- 3-4 tablespoons Cashew nuts and almonds, chopped
- few strands Saffron
- ½ teaspoon Green cardamom seeds powder
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Rose water
- Take cooked rice, milk, condensed milk, nuts and saffron in a saucepan. Turn the heat on medium.
- Let it simmer for 12-15 minutes or until it is thickened and becomes kheer consistency. Do stir occasionally to make sure that it is not sticking to the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Now add cardamom powder, nutmeg and rose water.
- Mix well and it is ready to serve.