रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Mango Lassi Recipe – a chilled beverage to beat the summer heat. It is made from ripe, sweet mangoes, sugar and yogurt with pinch of cardamom powder.
Mango lassi or aam ki lassi is thick, rich and creamy beverage with lots of mango flavor. It is perfect for the summer season. It is very refreshing and cooling beverage. You can have it as a breakfast instead of your breakfast smoothie.
Here I have used fresh mangoes. But you can use canned mango pulp. If pulp is sweet then skip the sugar. If using the canned pulp then color of the lassi might be different and brighter than mine.
There are other variety of lassi that I make during summer. e.g. salted lassi, sweet lassi. There is another yogurt drink that is my family favorite is masala chaas. All these beverages will reduce the body heat during hot weather.
Whenever you make Mango lassi, Please keep in mind that all the ingredients have to be chilled. If not then make lassi and keep in refrigerator to chill and then serve. Because it tastes best when served chilled.
I grew up in India and I always heard of salted lassi or sweet lassi or masala lassi. but I have never heard of Mango lassi until I came to USA. Here all Indian restaurants serve aam lassi. So I thought of making it at home as dear husband loves anything from mango so do I.
I have added rose water to the lassi to give it some extra flavor and it tastes awesome. But it is optional. I have made without rose water and it tastes good as well.
How to make mango lassi recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take chopped mangoes and sugar in a blender. Adjust the sugar quantity as per the sweetness of the mangoes. Blend it till you get smooth puree.
2) Add cardamom powder
3) and rose water.
4) Also add yogurt
5) and few ice cubes.
6) Again blend it well till everything is incorporated well.
7) Pour into serving glasses. If not serving right away then keep in refrigerator. It tastes best when served chilled.
8) Lastly you can garnish with cardamom powder or mint leaves.
Always serve lassi chilled.
Serving suggestion: Enjoy it any time of the day. It can be served along with your meal.
- 2 cups Mangoes chopped roughly
- 2-3 tablespoons Sugar or more or less depends on the sweetness of mangoes
- 1 ½ cups Plain yogurt
- 4-5 Ice cubes
- ½ teaspoon Green cardamom seeds powder
- 2 teaspoons Rose water optional
- Take chopped mangoes and sugar in a blender. Adjust the sugar quantity as per the sweetness of the mangoes. Blend it till you get smooth puree.
- Add rest of the ingredients.
- Again blend it well till everything is incorporated well.
- Pour into serving glasses.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 serving