Onion tomato raita recipe - very quick and easy to make raita recipe. It is made with yogurt, onion, tomato. And spiced with green chilies.
Raita is very regular at my home. And during summer season. I increase the use of yogurt in our diet. Because yogurt has cooling effect to your body. It helps to beat the heat of summer. Masala chaas is the most common yogurt recipe that I make every single day. Speaking of the recipes made with yogurt. Other than raita and chaas, I make kadhi and rice.
This raita is really quick to make. Raita will be ready in just 10 minutes. This simple, plain old raita tastes very refreshing and cooling.
Addition of roasted cumin powder just lift up the flavors. Yes every raita recipe calls for roasted cumin powder. So you should know how to make it. Dry roast the cumin seeds on low-medium heat. Let it cool completely. Then make coarse powder out of it. Store this in airtight container.
How to make onion tomato raita recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take plain yogurt in a bowl. Whisk well till it gets smooth.
2) Add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chili and cilantro. Mix well.
3) Add salt and roasted cumin powder. Stir well. Taste test the raita for salt and adjust.
4) Keep refrigerated till the time of serving. Raita tastes best when served chilled.
It can be stored for a day in refrigerator. Keep it covered. It is not good idea to keep it for more days. Because it has raw onions in it. Raw onions will smell stronger as time goes.
Onion tomato raita recipe
- 1 cup Plain yogurt (dahi or curd)
- 1/3 cup Onion chopped
- 1/3 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 Green chilies chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro or coriander leaves chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
Making onion tomato raita recipe:
- Take plain yogurt in a bowl. Whisk well till it gets smooth.
- Add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chili and cilantro. Mix well.
- Add salt and roasted cumin powder. Stir well.
- Taste test the raita for salt and adjust.
- Keep refrigerated till the time of serving.