रेसिपी को हिन्दी में पढ़े
Cucumber raita recipe – refreshing, QUICK and EASY raita recipe made with grated cucumber and plain yogurt with some spices.
This raita is very easy just like every other raita recipe. It is very quick to put together. Grate the cucumber, mix cucumber, yogurt, spices together very well. And raita is ready.
This cucumber raita is
In short it is heavenly, yummy goodness. Anything made with yogurt, I am always in.
During the summer season, I make raita very often. Especially this cucumber raita appears very frequently on our dinner table. As you know that cucumber and yogurt both are cooling to your body. So perfect to have it during the hot weather.
This cucumber raita is my childhood favorite. My mom makes it every other day. She also makes banana raita very often as well.
Many times I like to eat the raita as such. Just give me small bowl of raita and spoon. I can finish it up in no time.
How to make Cucumber Raita Recipe (Step by Step Photos):
1) Take the cucumber and peel it. (peeling the cucumber is optional. my cucumber has waxy outer layer which I don’t like. So I have peeled it.) Then cut lengthwise into half. Using the spoon, remove the seeds and discard them.
2) Now grate the cucumber using grater.
3) In a bowl, take yogurt.
4) Beat it using wire whisk, till it is smooth.
5) Add grated cucumber.
6) Mix well.
7) Add black salt, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, salt and black pepper powder.
8) Mix well, so everything is incorporated well.
Raita is ready to serve. Garnish it with mint leaves if you have any. If not serving right away then keep in refrigerator. Always serve raita chilled. It tastes best when served chilled.
Serving suggestion: This can be served with any rice or pulao as side dish. Our family favorite to served with vegetable pulao, methi rice and mushroom pulao. This raita can be served as a side with paratha like aloo paratha, green peas paratha or gobi paratha.
- Many times, cucumber does not have that many seeds in it. If that is the case, no need to deseed the cucumber.
- Here in USA, they always make the coating of wax on the cucumber. After washing the cucumber well, it won’t go away. So I always prefer to peel the skin. If your cucumber’s skin it soft, tender and non-waxy then no need to peel it.
- Many prefers to squeeze the water after grating the cucumber. I don’t like to get rid of that nutritious liquid. So I add the grated cucumber as it is without squeezing.
- If you want some bite into your cucumber raita, then use finely chopped cucumber instead of grated.
- Always use chilled yogurt for making raita. If not using cold yogurt then make raita, chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Then serve. It tastes best when served chilled.
- 1 cup Plain yogurt (dahi or curd)
- 5-6 inch Cucumber seeds removed and grated
- ¼ teaspoon Black salt (Kala namak)
- 1 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves optional for garnishing
- Take the cucumber and peel it.
- Then cut lengthwise into half. Using the spoon, remove the seeds and discard them.
- Now grate the cucumber using grater.
- In a bowl, take yogurt. Beat it using wire whisk, till it is smooth.
- Add grated cucumber. Mix well.
- Add black salt, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix well, so everything is incorporated well.
- Keep refrigerated till serving