There is no specific rakhi recipes that is made as a raksha bandhan menu. But here I am sharing few lunch/dinner ideas that can be adapted as per your liking and preference.
This year Raksha Bandhan is on 26th August 2018.
You already know that raksha bandhan or rakhi festival is the celebration of love, bond between brothers and sisters. And this celebration is incomplete without delicious food.
Here I am sharing 10 raksha bandhan menu ideas that can be made as a lunch or dinner.
Tips for Planning Raksha Bandhan Menu Recipes:
- You don’t have to make exact same raksha badhan menu I have shared below.
- Get some ideas, replace the recipe as per your/guests liking. E.g. one menu have malai kofta and you don’t like or don’t want to make. Then make any other similar rich gravy dish like palak paneer, veg kadai. Another example, I mentioned dal fry. You can make any other dal like chana dal, moong dal, simple toor dal.
- So my point is, take some inspiration for raksha bandhan recipes. Browse the site to find similar recipes to replace. If have any confusion, comment below your question, suggestions.
- You don’t have to make everything on the same day. You can prepare few things a day before like sweets, chutneys. You can chop up the veggies and prep some other stuff a day before.
Hope this raksha bandhan recipes are helpful to you. And wishing you very happy rakhi this year.
10 Raksha Bandhan Menu Recipes (Rakhi Recipes)
10. Chaat station:
Arrange below all the elements on the table and let people help themselves.
– Three chutneys (green chutney, tamarind date chutney, red garlic chutney),
– Aloo tikki, Chole masala gravy, Ragda recipe, Papdi, Khasta kachori
– Sev, boiled cubed potatoes, chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, Yogurt (spiced with roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, salt)
You can prepare three chutneys, kachoris, papdi a day before. You can even make ragda and chole gravy, store in the fridge.
Now with this spread on table, you can make
ragda patties (using ragda and aloo tikki)
Chole tikki chaat (using chole gravy and aloo tikki)
Simple tikki chaat (aloo tikki topped with three chutneys, yogurt and sprinkle of onion, sev)
Papdi chaat or Sev puri
Since this year, rakhi falls on Sunday. I guess you must have some good plans on that day. What is your menu for this day, please comment below and I would love to know.